If you run out of the recipe idea for small family gathering or family dinner at home. Let’s try to bring a whole chicken and cook with delightful flavors from different types of herbs.
And one of the most important tools for this herb roasted chicken recipe is a cool and stylish pot from Circulon SteelShield to elevate your dish to the next level.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 lemongrasses
- 1 lemongrass for stuffing
- 2-3 pandan leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped galangal
- 4 sliced kaffir lime leaves
- 3 coriander roots
- 10 Thai garlic cloves
- 5 shallots
- 1 tbsp finger root
- 5-6 long red chilis
- 5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp seasoning sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 500 ml water
A. Marinating chicken
- Take out the entrails of the chicken, then cut the feet and the bottom part. Wash it thoroughly
- Pound lemongrass, galangal, coriander roots, garlic, shallots, finger roots, and chili roughly.
- In a mixing bowl, add oyster sauce, seasoning sauce, light soy sauce, coconut sugar, white pepper, salt, turmeric powder, and water and stir well. Then, add the herb mixture to the bowl, mix well.
- Pour the mixture above on all over chicken including inside, stuff lemongrass and pandan leaves inside the chicken.
- Tide its legs with food binding rope, push the wings to stay behind the body and leave it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
B. Roasting chicken
- Put the into the pot, close the lid. Use medium heat until the sauce is boiling, then turn to low heat. This process takes about 1 hour and a half.
- It’s possible to add more water if it’s too dry.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C
- After 1 hour and a half on the stove, open the lid and place the pot in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
The chicken can be served as it is or cut into pieces with fresh or boiled vegetables.