Get the real Thai spicy flavor with one of the most well-known dish called Pad Cha or Stir-fried Spicy Seafood by Meyer Accent Series
For making Pad Cha, we would recommend stainless steel saute pan from Meyer Accent Series because of its high wall and wide surface. So, you don’t have to be worried about a messy kitchen while cooking this recipe.
For cooking Pad Cha
- 5 peeled whiteleg shrimps
- 2 sliced squid
- 3 mussels
- 3 scallops
- 3 sliced chili spur pepper - one color each
- 3-4 sliced round eggplants (green brinjal)
- 1 bunch of turkey berry
- 2 chopped kaffir lime leaves
- 4-5 bunches of young green peppercorns
- 3 tbsp finely chopped finger root
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp seasoning sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- Basil leaves
- Sweet basil leaves
- 5 tbsp stock
For Pad Cha chili paste
- 4 shallots
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp bird chili
- 2 yellow chili spur pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp finger root
Step 1 Prepare Pad Cha chili paste
- Pound white pepper finely
- Add shallots, garlic, bird chili, yellow chili spur pepper and finger root and roughy pound, set aside.
Step 2 Cook Pad Cha
- Heat a saute pan with medium heat then add vegetable oil. When the pan is getting hot, add round eggplants, turkey berries and saute to get the color changed and set aside.
- Add whiteleg shrimps in the same pan and saute in the oil, stir until they are almost cooked and set aside. Then, do the same with squids, scallops, and mussels.
- Add Pad Cha chili paste from step 1 in the pan and cook until you can smell the paste, then add seafood with high heat. Stir well.
- Season with oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and some stock. After that, add stir-fried round eggplants, turkey berries, young green peppercorn, chili spur pepper, finger root, kaffir lime leaves, and basil leaves, stir well.
- Use high heat and stir altogether well. Add more stock if needed.
Step 3 Serve
- Heat up a cast iron hot plate or use a normal plate, and put stir-fried spicy seafood to serve.
- Decorate with fried chilis.