For anyone who is looking for a recipe for medium-sized groups like 5 - 8 persons. This recipe will create the best impression.
This is a Thai-Mexican fusion recipe, Pork Satay on Tacos with Homemade Peanut Sauce that will win everyone’s heart. As you might know, many Thai recipes are pretty complicated in terms of the number of ingredients and also the directions. However, this won’t be as complicated as you think!
Why? Because of Circulon SteelShield’s Chef Pan that built for bold cooking! With this one, you’ll never worry about damaged non-stick again even with metal utensils. So you can cook from scratch without the scratches.
Serving 5 - 8 persons
For marinating pork
For peanut sauce
For pickles (Arjad)
A. Marinating pork
- Roughly pound coriander seeds and cumin seeds, then add galagal, lemongrass, pound them well and put it aside.
- Mix curry powder, turmeric powder, sugar, salt, pepper, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, and coconut milk all together in a bowl for marinating.
- Add the paste from no.1 to make marinating sauce.
- Put pork neck in the bowl, marinate for about 30 minutes.
B. Making pickles (Arjad)
- Poke holes all over cucumbers.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt together in a pot or a chef pan, use light heat to melt the sugar. The taste should be sweet and sour.
- Add corianders, long red chili, and cucumbers and close the lid. Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Slice the cucumbers and put them back to the Arjad.
C. Making peanut sauce (Satay sauce)
- Add coconut milk to the chef pan, once it boils, add massaman curry paste and red chili paste. Stir well until cooked.
- Seasoning with coconut sugar, tamarind juice, and salt. Or adjust the ingredients to match your preference.
- Simmer the mixture until the coconut milk starts to float up during boiling. Add peanuts, stir well and put it aside.
D. Preparing tortillas
- Use medium heat to heat up the pan. Apply oil to both sides of tortillas. Once the pan is hot, grill each side of the tortillas.
- Fold the tortillas and cool them down. Put aside.
E. Roasting pork
- Add the pork in the pan and close the lid. Use low heat for about 15 minutes. Do the same with the other side.
- Roast the pork until it’s cooked well. If it becomes too dry, add slightly more water.
- Slice the pork.
- Put salads, pork, pickles, cucumbers, and red onion in a folded taco.
- Put peanut sauce and Arjad and top with coriander and chili, then serve.