Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring. We are coconuts for this recipe and think you will be too 😉 This Vegan Vegetable Coconut Stew is a power-packed meal with a bounty of vegetables — making it easier to have your five serves of vegetables a day!
With a flavorful coconut-based broth, this vegan vegetable coconut stew will get you through the cooler months, but its lightness will be a great addition to a simple meal in the summer too. It’s wholesome and super hearty, and its ingredients can be easily adapted with those that tickle your fancy.
Star tip: Your broth can be made with any nut-based milk. We’re using coconut milk here. To make nut-based milk at home, simply churn the nuts of your choice with water and strain the liquid. The strained liquid becomes your nut milk!
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp (6 cloves) - garlic (chopped)
- Handful of curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 10-12 florets of cauliflower (1 small)
- 1 cup chopped carrots and beans
- 10-12 florets of broccoli (1 small)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp pepper
- Salt (to your desired taste)
- Coconut cream
- Chilli oil
- Fried curry leaves
- Heat oil in a frypan and fry the chopped garlic until it’s nice and fragrant.
- Next, add the curry leaves and fry them off till crispy, and then add turmeric.
- Deglaze the pan with water and toss in all the vegetables. Make sure to add the hardest vegetables first (cauliflower) and the softest (cherry tomatoes) last.
- Once the vegetables are soft (but not completely cooked through), add coconut milk.
- Simmer till the vegetables are just about cooked. Ensure to not overcook the vegetables as they tend to become mushy if overcooked.
- Finally add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Garnish with a swirl of coconut cream, chilli oil, and crispy fried curry leaves.
- Serve with rice or as a meal in itself.
Our 20cm Accent Series Ultra-Durable Nonstick Fry Pan is perfect for this recipe. Its wide surface and deep walls hold generous amounts of this heavenly coconut stew so you won’t be left hungry! If you are cooking to feed a crowd, simply double up on the ingredients and go with our 24cm / 7.6L Stainless Steel Stockpot to fit in all that deliciousness!