It might sound complicated to grill scallops as this ingredient is very delicate and you might need some technique to push its flavor to exceed the limit. But actually, another secret is to have a proper cookware that could help you in the kitchen for every dish.
Then, you will have a chance to make your own red curry sauce or Choo Chee in Thai. With the same pan you can prepare the meal from scratch without the scratches.
For this Grill Scallops in Red Curry Sauce, we will use Circulon SteelShield C-Series Skillet that features stainless steel circular peaks up to the side wall which protects your non-stick surface up to the top.
- 5-6 scallops
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp pounded coriander root
- 1 tsp finely sliced kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp finely sliced long red chilis
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
A. Grilled scallops
- Pat the scallops to dry then season with salt and pepper.
- Use medium to high heat to warm up the pan, then add the oil. Once the oil is hot, put scallops in the pan, grill until golden brown, and do the same for the other side. Put them aside once finish.
B. Choo Chee - Red curry sauce
- Use the same pan, add red curry paste and coriander root. Stir well until you get the smell. After that, add half coconut milk, stir well until the paste is melted.
- Seasoning with fish sauce and coconut sugar. Stir well to dissolve the seasoning. Then, add the rest of coconut milk and simmer.
- Put kaffir lime leaves and long red chilis.
- Pour the red curry sauce on the serving plate, top with grilled scallops.
- Decorate with coconut cream, kaffir lime leaves and long red chilis.
- Serve with rice and it’s time to eat!